My books

Keeping track of everything I've read!
Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins, #1) - H.P. Mallory This review can also be found on my blog.

I wanted to like this book. I really, really did. The synopsis sounded interesting, and I hadn't read much about witches lately, so I figured this would be a refreshing change of pace.

But it just didn't click for me. I couldn't really get into it and it just dragged on and on. The plot didn't really pick up until the last 20 pages or so, and even then, it only lasted about 5 pages.

The main character drove me INSANE. She had multiple guys falling all over themselves to be with her, and her attitude was "oh, I don't know why they like me I'm so average" and so on and so forth. And not only that but she had absolutely NO problem with changing in front of a ghost who was seriously one of the biggest creeps I've ever read about.

There was also the insta-love factor, not once, but TWICE. I don't know why that is present in so many novels now-a-days, but I'd really like to read a book where that's not in it.

Also, the writing was repetitive. The word "glittery" was on the same page three different times. And if I heard one more mention that Rand's aura had "tinges of purple," I would have screamed.

The story had the potential to be awesome, but instead it just fell flat. I don't think I'll be continuing with this series.