My books

Keeping track of everything I've read!
Tiger Lily - Jodi Lynn Anderson When I first heard that there was going to be a retelling of Peter Pan, told from the POV of my favorite character, Tiger Lily, I was excited. I rushed out to buy the book on it's release date, and then...never read it. But now that I'm on a Kindle binge, I saw it was on sale in the store, bought it, and read it right away. I know, it makes no sense.

Anyway, Tiger Lily was both exactly what I thought it was going to be, and nothing like what I thought it was going to be. I'm going to break it down into The Good and The Bad, because for some reason it's hard to organize my thoughts on this one.

The Good : The story. Tiger Lily and Peter Pan loved each other, in their own ways. It was beautiful in a non-conventional way. The lost boys were stellar, and I liked that there was more of a backstory to them.

The Bad : Despite what I originally thought, it wasn't from Tiger Lily's POV. It was from Tinker Bell's. But Tink could read minds, so the book switched back and forth from third person to first person, without any warning. It got confusing at points.

Overall, this was a really decent book. And I absolutely loved the cover. However, it did take me a little while to get through because of the switching POVs constantly.